Strategies for both sides of your personal balance sheet
At the J.M. Group, we offer a customized approach to help meet the specific needs, objectives and preferences of our clients. We can help you design and implement strategies that encompass needs as diverse as retirement, business succession and estate planning. We also take special pride in our ability to help provide you with:
• Actionable investment ideas that can help you accumulate assets,
generate income or preserve capital.
• Access to our firm’s initial and secondary public offerings for equity and
fixed income securities.
• Debt management strategies that seek to facilitate business
acquisitions and major purchases without liquidating assets and potentially
incurring tax liability.
Morgan Stanley was pleased to announce that John Mirsepahi, Managing Director—Wealth Management, Financial Advisor, has been named to Barron’s annual list of America’s Top 1,200 Advisors in 2015, for the second consecutive year. He was also named in the New York City Five Star Wealth Manager’s list, for the second year in a row. John was named to Barron’s Top 1,000 Advisors: 2013 and 2012, and Barron’s Top 100 Advisors in 2013. The announcements appeared in the February 23, 2015, February 22, 2014; February 18, 2013 and April 13, 2012 issues of Barron's magazine, respectively.
Source: Barron’s “Top 1,200 Advisors,” “Top 1,000 Advisors,” and “Top 100 Advisors,” as identified by Barron’s magazine, using quantitative and qualitative criteria and selected from a pool of over 4,000 nominations. Advisors in the Top 1,200 Financial Advisors, 1,000 Financial Advisors and the Top 100 Financial Advisors have a minimum of seven years of financial services experience. Qualitative factors include, but are not limited to, compliance record, interviews with senior management, and philanthropic work. Investment performance is not a criterion. The rating may not be representative of any one client’s experience and is not indicative of the financial advisor’s future performance. Because individual client portfolio performance varies and is typically unaudited, this rating focuses on customer satisfaction and quality of advice. Neither Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC nor its Financial Advisors pay a fee to Barron’s in exchange for the rating. Barron’s is a registered trademark of Dow Jones & Company, L.P. All rights reserved.
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management is pleased to announce that John Mirsepahi, Managing Director-Financial Advisor, has been named to the Financial Times 400 List. The announcement was made on April 11, 2013, as the Financial Times launched its inaugural Financial Times 400 list, recognizing the top financial advisors at broker-dealers across the US. The FT 400 advisors come from 37 states and Washington, DC, and the financial advisors represent 16 different broker-dealer firms, including the four largest. The average advisor on the list has 26 years of experience in the industry and manages an impressive $1.3 billion.
Source: FT 400 List, April 11, 2013: The Financial Times, one of the world’s leading business news organizations, is recognized internationally for its authority, integrity and accuracy. Providing essential news, comment, data and analysis for the global business community, the FT has a combined paid print and digital circulation of more than 602,000 (Deloitte assured, Q4 2012). FT.com has over 316,000 paying digital subscribers and the newspaper has a global print circulation of 269,121 (ABCs, February 2013). Mobile is an increasingly important channel for the FT, driving 30% of FT.com traffic and 15% of digital subscriptions. FT education products now serve 25 of the world’s top 50 business schools.
See April On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "Déjà Vu All Over Again" Michael Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, sees similarities between this year’s stock market behavior and that of early 2014. In both years, stocks were off to a rocky start. Last year, the S&P 500 went on to amass a double-digit gain. He says the stock market is now poised for a rebound as well.
• "New Titans of Tech" The leading companies in technology today are clustered in four critical areas: security, mobile/social, analytics and the cloud. Casey Galligan and Vijay Chandar, market strategists at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, describe the new look of the tech sector.
• "Buying Bonds in a Brutal Market" Yes, global yields are at levels so low that they were inconceivable just a few years ago. That may turn off some investors, but many need to buy bonds for portfolio diversification. Doug Peebles, head of fixed income at AB, explains how he handles the task.
Plus, more on global equities, fixed income securities, currencies and the economy.