For me, retirement planning means more than providing my clients with investment advice. It means helping them maintain the financial independence they’ve worked their whole lives to achieve.
My consultative process begins with an in-depth discussion of your current finances and future objectives. We’ll address issues you might have overlooked and determine how we can help you adjust your investment strategy to accommodate changing conditions and meet any unforeseen expenses and income demands that may arise during retirement.
- Colorado Public Television, Rocky Mountain Micro Finance, Executive Women's Event (creator), STAR, EXO, Women In Energy
- Asset Management
- Business Planning
- Business Succession Planning
- Corporate Retirement Plans
- Family Consulting
- Financial Planning
- Professional Portfolio Management
- Retirement Planning
- Bachelor's of Science Marketing and Economics University of Colorado Boulder
- Series 7, General Securities Representative
- Series 66, Combined Investment Advisory Agent & Uniform State Exam
- Life, Health & Variable Annuity Insurance Licensed
Prior to her career as a Financial Advisor with Morgan Stanley*, Shelley Ford has 15 years of business development (GTM strategies), marketing and sales experience with non-profits, entrepreneurial & large corporate environments. She has helped raise funds from VCs, Banks and accredited individual investors. Shelley most recently worked with several innovative mortgage and lending groups to fund beta test sites for originating and processing loans. Additionally, she has spent several years working with investors and start-up companies in the Clean Tech, Automotive, and software development (Raising $1 to $50 Million in VC and Angel). An accomplished grant writer, Shelley continues her involvement with non-profits, currently serving on Board of Directors for the Peripheral Neurological Association.. She has earned a BS (Marketing and Economics) from the University of Colorado and currently working on an MBA from Webster University. Completed Series 7 and Series 66. EXO Member, MVP South Metro Chamber of Commerce, Beta Sigma Phi, Alpha Phi and Cambridge Who’s Who.
“My success in business to date can be mainly attributed to my ability to create trusted client relationships through a deep understanding of their financial and personal goals, thereby creating specific programs which will facilitate achieving these goals.”
To see timely market recap, see Cash Market Rates Snapshot.
See April On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• “Uncomfortable” Michael Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management and Morgan Stanley & Co., admits to having been apprehensive when he published a bullish cover story for the 2017 outlook in January. He argued that a global synchronous economic recovery would carry the markets higher, an out-of-consensus view at the time. So far, it’s working out.
• “Rocking Retail” Economic statistics suggest consumers have plenty to spend, but they are changing the way they’re doing it. While online sales are on the rise, store closures are soaring, writes Denny Galindo, equity strategist at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management.
• “Keeping More of What Your Investments Earn” Have you noticed that taxes are taking a big bite of your investment gains? Tax-efficient investing offers ways to enhance your aftertax returns. This article is an excerpt from a recently published Morgan Stanley Wealth Management Special Report.
• Plus, look for more on investment strategy, equities, mortgage-backed securities, municipal bonds and commodities.
Check the background of our Firm and Investment Professionals on FINRA's BrokerCheck.
Securities Agent: AK, AL, AR, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, DE, FL, GA, HI, IA, ID, IL, IN, KS, KY, LA, MA, MD, ME, MI, MN, MO, MS, MT, NC, ND, NE, NH, NJ, NM, NV, NY, OH, OK, OR, PA, RI, SC, SD, TN, TX, UT, VA, VI, VT, WA, WI, WV, WY; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative; Managed Futures
Life insurance, disability income insurance, and long-term care insurance are offered through Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC's licensed insurance agency affiliates.
The Pelican Bay Group - Market Commentary January 2017