My goal is to thoroughly understand your financial needs and then align the resources to help you meet or exceed them. I can help you evaluate near-term concerns and plan for long-term goals, be a sounding board for investment ideas, assist you in developing and executing a strategy that is precisely your own and helps you meet your needs.
- Financial Planning Association
The largest membership organization for personal financial planning experts in the US
- Morgan Stanley Environment and Social Finance Forum
Member, Steering Committee
- Director, Theodore Gordon Flyfishers
Founders Fund Society Sponsor
Awards annual scholarships to outstanding students of the environmental sciences.
- Director, Juliana’s Anglers
A women’s fly fishing club based in New York City
• Enjoys living amid the art galleries and elevated promenades of West Chelsea with Doug, her partner of 14 years.
- Professional Portfolio Management
- Family Consulting
- Retirement Planning
- Education Planning
- Socially Responsible Investing
- Philanthropic Services
- Executive Financial Services
- Insurance Services
- Planning for Special Needs Individuals
- Ph.D., Harvard University, Cell & Developmental Biology, 1993
- M.S., University of Massachusetts, Amherst, 1988
- B.A., University of California, Davis, 1985
- Series 7 – General Securities Representative
- Series 66 – Investment Advisory Agent and Uniform State Exam
- Life, Health and Variable Annuity
- Certified Agent, NYS Partnership for Long-Term Care
- Certified Agent, NJ Partnership for Long-Term Care
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER
Portfolio Manager and Financial Advisor
Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, 2010 – Present
- Financial Advisor
UBS Financial Services, Inc., 2005 – 2010
- Prior Professional:
• Chairperson, Department of Biology, 1999 – 2003, 2005
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield CT
• Faculty of Biology, 1993 – 2005
Sacred Heart University, Fairfield CT
• Post-Doctoral Fellow, 1992 - 1993
Worcester Foundation for Biomedical Research, MA
- On November 1, 2013, Morgan Stanley Chairman and CEO James Gorman announced the establishment of the Morgan Stanley Institute for Sustainable Investing. As part of the Institute, Morgan Stanley will expand its industry-leading Investing with Impact Platform with new products, innovative thematic portfolios and groundbreaking thought leadership.
See August On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "Transition Time" The Federal Reserve has continually told investors that they would be very patient and slow to raise short-term interest rates. Now, strong employment data has raised the possibility of sooner-than-expected rate hikes, says Mike Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, and markets could continue to be volatile until they have fully recalibrated to an accelerated timetable.
• "Fishing for Stocks in the Market’s Midstream" The cheapest stocks in the S&P 500—those with the lowest price/earnings ratios—are not necessarily the best stocks to own at this point in the market cycle. The better investments appear to be closer to the market averages.
• "Keep an Opportunistic Eye on Mexico and India" Emerging market equities have performed well so far this year, but the Global Investment Committee is underweight in the asset class for a number of reasons, including rich valuations and a vulnerability to rising US interest rates. That said, Mexico and India stand apart. Political change and economic reforms could make them future stars.
Plus, look for more on economics, fixed income investments and real estate.
Securities Agent: AL, AZ, CA, CO, CT, DC, FL, GA, IA, MA, MD, MI, MN, MT, NC, NJ, NY, OH, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative;