My practice is structured to provide wealth management services to successful individuals, business owners, and high net worth families. I offer comprehensive, objective financial advice to clients who desire a high level of personal service. I guide my clients through education, retirement, and estate planning; this includes customized investment strategies utilizing a core/satellite portfolio methodology designed for the growth and protection of their assets.
- President of the Society of Maritime Arbitrators, Inc.
- The Chemists' Club, Board of Directors
- Hidden Ridge Condominium Association, Treasurer
- Defined Contribution Plans
- Estate Planning
- Financial Planning
- Life Insurance
- Professional Portfolio Management
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Retirement Planning
- Structured Products
- 529 Plans
- Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
- NY Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Masters Business Administration
- Molloy College, Rockville Center, NY
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Morgan Stanley*,
Certified for Guided Portfolio Management
- Morgan Stanley*, Garden City, NY
In July 2010 I moved to Morgan Stanley* as Vice President, Wealth Management, focusing in educational, retirement (including corporate pension plans), financial, and estate planning strategies.
- UBS Wealth Management, Uniondale, NY
Effecting a career change in 1999, I joined Paine Webber as a Financial Advisor. Following the acquisition by UBS, I obtained my CFP certification and was appointed Vice President, Investments in 2005
- U.S. Titan, Inc., New York, NY 1991-1999
President of this boutique international oil shipping and trading company.
- Burmpac Oil Company, New York, NY 1986-1991
President and CEO. This was a management led buyout from Burmah Oil, Plc. of their international oil tanker and terminalling subsidiary.
- Bumah Oil Tankers, Ltd., New York, NY 1978-1986
Executive Vice President and President of Burmah Oil Bahamas, Conducted oil transportation and terminalling business globally with oil majors, oil trading companies, state oil companies, ship owners, and the U.S Government. Responsible for relations with the government of the Bahamas, where we operated a major oil transshipment and storage facility.
- James Warfield Recognized in NEW YORK Magazine’s 2014 Wealth Manager Awards
See the latest edition of the Global Investment Committee's Newsletter: On the Markets.
See November On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "Back on Track" Michael Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, explains that the equity markets are back on track for the kind of year he was expecting at the start of the 2015. While not spectacular, he says, the stock market’s 4% return for the year to date is more than respectable for the eighth year of the recovery since the Great Recession and the financial crisis.
• "Passing Through an Inflection Point" A run of soft economic data has some investors nervous about a global recession. Chetan Ahya and Elga Bartsch, co-heads of Morgan Stanley Global Economics, write that while the global recovery is bumpy, brittle and below par, they don’t expect a recession.
• "A Quest for Quality" While US stocks have largely recovered the ground lost in the August sell-off, don’t read it as an “all clear” signal, writes Lisa Shalett, head of investment and portfolio strategies for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management. Going forward, investors will need a different strategy.
Plus, look for more on equities and bonds, as well as a question-and-answer session with Afsaneh Beschloss, chief executive officer of The Rock Creek Group, hedge fund manager and former treasurer and chief investment officer of the World Bank.
Securities Agent: CT, FL, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, WI; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative