My practice is structured to provide wealth management services to successful individuals, business owners, and high net worth families. I offer comprehensive, objective financial advice to clients who desire a high level of personal service. I guide my clients through education, retirement, and estate planning; this includes customized investment strategies utilizing a core/satellite portfolio methodology designed for the growth and protection of their assets.
- President of the Society of Maritime Arbitrators, Inc.
- The Chemists' Club, Board of Directors
- Hidden Ridge Condominium Association, Treasurer
- Defined Contribution Plans
- Estate Planning
- Financial Planning
- Life Insurance
- Professional Portfolio Management
- Qualified Retirement Plans
- Retirement Planning
- Structured Products
- 529 Plans
- Juniata College, Huntingdon, PA
- NY Institute of Technology, New York, NY
Masters Business Administration
- Molloy College, Rockville Center, NY
Certified Financial Planner (CFP)
- Morgan Stanley*,
Certified for Guided Portfolio Management
- Morgan Stanley*, Jericho, NY
In July 2010 I moved to Morgan Stanley* as Vice President, Wealth Management, focusing in educational, retirement (including corporate pension plans), financial, and estate planning.
- UBS Wealth Management, Uniondale, NY
Effecting a career change in 1999, I joined Paine Webber as a Financial Advisor. Following the acquisition by UBS, I obtained my CFP certification and was appointed Vice President, Investments in 2005
- U.S. Titan, Inc., New York, NY 1991-1999
President of this boutique international oil shipping and trading company.
- Burmpac Oil Company, New York, NY 1986-1991
President and CEO. This was a management led buyout from Burmah Oil, Plc. of their international oil tanker and terminalling subsidiary.
- Bumah Oil Tankers, Ltd., New York, NY 1978-1986
Executive Vice President and President of Burmah Oil Bahamas, Conducted oil transportation and terminalling business globally with oil majors, oil trading companies, state oil companies, ship owners, and the U.S Government. Responsible for relations with the government of the Bahamas, where we operated a major oil transshipment and storage facility.
See the latest edition of the Global Investment Committee's Newsletter: On the Markets.
See August On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "Transition Time" The Federal Reserve has continually told investors that they would be very patient and slow to raise short-term interest rates. Now, strong employment data has raised the possibility of sooner-than-expected rate hikes, says Mike Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, and markets could continue to be volatile until they have fully recalibrated to an accelerated timetable.
• "Fishing for Stocks in the Market’s Midstream" The cheapest stocks in the S&P 500—those with the lowest price/earnings ratios—are not necessarily the best stocks to own at this point in the market cycle. The better investments appear to be closer to the market averages.
• "Keep an Opportunistic Eye on Mexico and India" Emerging market equities have performed well so far this year, but the Global Investment Committee is underweight in the asset class for a number of reasons, including rich valuations and a vulnerability to rising US interest rates. That said, Mexico and India stand apart. Political change and economic reforms could make them future stars.
Plus, look for more on economics, fixed income investments and real estate.
Securities Agent: CT, FL, MA, MD, NH, NJ, NY, PA, RI, SC, VA, WI; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative;