The Dow as of the Previous Day’s Close
Do you have a passion that you'd like to transform into an actionable plan that benefits others? I, along with our partners1 across the firm, can help you:
- Define your charitable interests and identify nonprofits that work in those areas
- Select charitable vehicles that may address your needs
- Implement plans to help ensure that your charitable dollars are well spent
- Seek nonprofit board placements that complement your passion
- Conduct research on specific charities and areas of charitable interest
- Introduce you to like-minded philanthropists
- Find ways to involve children and other family members in your giving
- Offer Foundation Management Services, a sophisticated, turn-key, back-office solution for family and corporate foundations.
Please contact me if you have any questions or would like to discuss ways of incorporating charitable giving into your overall wealth strategy and intergenerational planning.
Read the latest issue of Perspectives in Philanthropy, Morgan Stanley’s client journal that redefines charitable giving in new and meaningful ways.
Read our new Strategies for Charitable Giving - an introduction to different charitable giving strategies, including some of the financial and estate-planning issues associated with them.
View our Gifts for Good Calendar featuring exciting and meaningful funding opportunities from 30 geographically and mission diverse nonprofit organizations. The Calendar can serve as a springboard for family discussions on giving back and the critical role that nonprofits play throughout the year.
Find out more about MSSB GIFT2 a donor advised fund that helps simplify charitable giving.
We can discuss all of these resources when we meet. In the meantime, to begin to identify factors that might have shaped your attitude about charitable giving, ask yourself the following questions:
- Which childhood lessons about money related to giving have carried over into your life as an adult?
- As you look at how you spend your time now, what activities do you enjoy the most? Which activities do you consider the most worthwhile?
- Describe the nonprofits you support. What is your reason for giving to these organizations?
- What single charitable gift or activity has given you the most joy?
- Do you know how effectively the organizations you support have been using the money? Is this an important factor to you?
1 Gaining access to Philanthropic Services can be contingent on meeting certain criteria, including minimum $25MM total net worth, with $10MM in liquid assets.
2 While we believe Morgan Stanley Global Impact Funding Trust ("GIFT") represents a valuable philanthropic opportunity, the program may not be appropriate for everyone. Please see the Donor Circular & Disclosure Statement for more complete information on GIFT, including a description of the risks, fees and expenses associated with a contribution. Read it carefully before contributing.