For me, retirement planning means more than providing my clients with investment advice. It means helping them maintain the financial independence they’ve worked their whole lives to achieve.
My consultative process begins with an in-depth discussion of your current finances and future objectives. We’ll address issues you might have overlooked and determine how we can help you adjust your investment strategy to accommodate changing conditions and meet any unforeseen expenses and income demands that may arise during retirement.
- Church Council at Tree of Life Lutheran Church, Conroe, Texas
- Houston Geological Society, Chairman Publication Sales
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- 401(k) Rollovers
- Asset Management
- Lending Services
- Education Planning
- Bachelor of Science
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Master of Science
University of Illinois at Chicago
- Courses leading to CFP certification 2001-2003
The American College
- Coursework for CMFC, presented March 2006
College of Financial Planning
- Courses leading to ChFC designation 2010. awarded March 2011
The American College
- Series 7, 63, 65, 31 licensed
- Completed American College of Financial Services course: Retirement Income Process, Strategies and Solutions, part of ciriculum preparing for Retiremment Income Certified Professional, September, 2013
- present: Financial Advisor Morgan Stanley*
I enjoy working with people having experience in the petroleum industry, both retirees and those preparing for retirement.
- 1999: Amoco Production Company
Multi-discipline team (engineers, economists, geoscientists) evaluations of select areas of Africa, the Middle East and West Texas
See April On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "Déjà Vu All Over Again" Michael Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, sees similarities between this year’s stock market behavior and that of early 2014. In both years, stocks were off to a rocky start. Last year, the S&P 500 went on to amass a double-digit gain. He says the stock market is now poised for a rebound as well.
• "New Titans of Tech" The leading companies in technology today are clustered in four critical areas: security, mobile/social, analytics and the cloud. Casey Galligan and Vijay Chandar, market strategists at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, describe the new look of the tech sector.
• "Buying Bonds in a Brutal Market" Yes, global yields are at levels so low that they were inconceivable just a few years ago. That may turn off some investors, but many need to buy bonds for portfolio diversification. Doug Peebles, head of fixed income at AB, explains how he handles the task.
Plus, more on global equities, fixed income securities, currencies and the economy.
As a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) I will review your whole financial picture to help educate you on decisions that you and your family make concerning appropriate investments, within your risk tolerance, while providing high quality service. To learn more, email me.
Whenever the S&P 500 experiences a 1% move (up or down), The 1% Move posted in Investing and Market Insights, will provide guidance. Whenever you have questions about market activity, please contact us.
Securities Agent: AZ, CA, FL, IL, KS, KY, MS, NM, OK, OR, SC, TX, VA; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative; Managed Futures
Observations and Perspectives From Dennis McConnell CFP, ChFC, CMFC - January 2015