For me, retirement planning means more than providing my clients with investment advice. It means helping them maintain the financial independence they’ve worked their whole lives to achieve.
My consultative process begins with an in-depth discussion of your current finances and future objectives. We’ll address issues you might have overlooked and determine how we can help you adjust your investment strategy to accommodate changing conditions and meet any unforeseen expenses and income demands that may arise during retirement.
- Church Council at Tree of Life Lutheran Church, Conroe, Texas
- Houston Geological Society, Chairman Publication Sales
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- 401(k) Rollovers
- Asset Management
- Lending Services
- Education Planning
- Bachelor of Science
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Master of Science
University of Illinois at Chicago
- Courses leading to CFP certification 2001-2003
The American College
- Coursework for CMFC, presented March 2006
College of Financial Planning
- Courses leading to ChFC designation 2010. awarded March 2011
The American College
- Series 7, 63, 65, 31 licensed
- Completed American College of Financial Services course: Retirement Income Process, Strategies and Solutions, part of ciriculum preparing for Retiremment Income Certified Professional, September, 2013
- present: Financial Advisor Morgan Stanley*
I enjoy working with people having experience in the petroleum industry, both retirees and those preparing for retirement.
- 1999: Amoco Production Company
Multi-discipline team (engineers, economists, geoscientists) evaluations of select areas of Africa, the Middle East and West Texas
See March On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "The Power of Three" Michael Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, explains how three separate events in the global economy are coming together to help the recovery become more synchronous and sustainable.
• "Is Winning Losing and Losing Winning?" Perhaps it is in the NBA, where the worst teams get first dibs in the player draft. Adam Parker, Morgan Stanley & Co.’s chief US equity strategist, explains how winning by losing applies to investors.
• "Tax-Free Yields Near Taxable Treasuries" Municipal bonds typically sell with yields below those of comparable-maturity US Treasury bonds because municipal income is taxed by the federal government. Now, a confluence of factors has created a situation in which tax-free bonds are yielding nearly the same as Treasuries.
Plus, more on global equities, fixed income securities, currencies and commodities.
Read “Your Assets are Safeguarded” for insightful information about asset segregation, FDIC and SIPC protections and Morgan Stanley capital reserves.
As a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) I will review your whole financial picture to help educate you on decisions that you and your family make concerning appropriate investments, within your risk tolerance, while providing high quality service. To learn more, email me.
Securities Agent: AZ, CA, FL, IL, KS, KY, MS, NM, OK, OR, SC, TX, VA; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative; Managed Futures;
Observations and Perspectives From Dennis McConnell CFP, ChFC, CMFC - January 2015