For me, retirement planning means more than providing my clients with investment advice. It means helping them maintain the financial independence they’ve worked their whole lives to achieve.
My consultative process begins with an in-depth discussion of your current finances and future objectives. We’ll address issues you might have overlooked and determine how we can help you adjust your investment strategy to accommodate changing conditions and meet any unforeseen expenses and income demands that may arise during retirement.
- Church Council at Tree of Life Lutheran Church, Conroe, Texas
- Houston Geological Society, Chairman Publication Sales
- Financial Planning
- Retirement Planning
- 401k Rollovers
- Asset Management
- Lending Services
- Education Planning
- Bachelor of Science
Southern Illinois University Carbondale
- Master of Science
University of Illinois at Chicago
- Courses leading to CFP certification 2001-2003
The American College
- Coursework for CMFC, presented March 2006
College of Financial Planning
- Courses leading to ChFC designation 2010. awarded March 2011
The American College
- Series 7, 63, 65, 31 licensed
- present: Financial Advisor Morgan Stanley*
I enjoy working with people having experience in the petroleum industry, both retirees and those preparing for retirement.
- 1999: Amoco Production Company
Multi-discipline team (engineers, economists, geoscientists) evaluations of select areas of Africa, the Middle East and West Texas
Read “Your Assets are Safeguarded” for insightful information about asset segregation, FDIC and SIPC protections and Morgan Stanley capital reserves.
See December On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "How Much Is Enough?" The equity markets have been strong this year, prompting talk of a “bubble.” Michael Wilson, chief investment officer for Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, says it’s difficult to believe a bubble is present if a lot of people are looking for one.
• "Building on a Foundation of Better Economic Growth" Morgan Stanley & Co. economists are forecasting better US economic growth in 2014 and 2015, and so we look at several sectors that could do well in that environment. Among them are home improvement retailers and nonresidential construction.
• "Time-Segmented Bucketing Your Retirement " The traditional approach to retirement wealth management is disciplined and time tested, but it may not be optimal for today’s baby-boomer retirees. This generation may want to break up their retirement funds into pieces that are managed to fund specific time periods.
Plus, look for more on economics, equities and fixed income investments.
As a Chartered Financial Consultant (ChFC) I will review your whole financial picture to help educate you on decisions that you and your family make concerning appropriate investments, within your risk tolerance, while providing high quality service. To learn more, email me.
Observations and Perspectives From Dennis McConnell CFP, ChFC, CMFC - November 2013