The individuals and families we serve are an exceptional group of people. Some are multi-generational families. Others are entrepreneurs and small business owners. Still others are single women professionals and widows. Essentially, all have accumulated significant assets and need help in identifying the appropriate strategies to effectively preserve, enhance and ultimately transfer their wealth.
As one of the first women to begin a career in financial services in the mid-1970s, I know what it takes to achieve personal and professional goals. I understand the hardships you must face; the decisions you must make. I’ve built my practice over the past 38 years around customizing financial strategies for people just like you.
Our clients believe, as we do, in the importance of working together with their financial advisor to build a longstanding relationship. They have grown to depend on our ability to deeply listen to them, so that we may clearly articulate their goals and aspirations. And above all, they have come to appreciate our true passion for wanting to help them solve their financial challenges. We do this together through the creation and activation of a comprehensive wealth management plan that serves as a personalized roadmap to helping them achieve financial success for themselves and future generations.
A seasoned wealth management team, our ultimate mission is to empower you to be confident in your financial decisions through education and understanding. We are committed to helping you grow and protect your assets, while inspiring a level of confidence that enables you to spend less time worrying about your finances and more time enjoying your life and your family. We strive to be your primary financial advisor, working with your other trusted advisors to provide timely and objective advice, and earning your trust every day to make a real difference in your life.
The investments and services listed may not be suitable for all investors. Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC recommends that investors independently evaluate particular investments, and encourages investors to seek the advice of a financial advisor. The appropriateness of a particular investment will depend upon an investor's individual circumstances and objectives.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC (“Morgan Stanley”), its affiliates and Morgan Stanley Financial Advisors or Private Wealth Advisors do not provide tax or legal advice. This material was not intended or written to be used, and it cannot be used, for the purpose of avoiding tax penalties that may be imposed on the taxpayer. Clients should consult their tax advisor for matters involving taxation and tax planning and their attorney for matters involving trust and estate planning and other legal matters.
Life insurance, disability income insurance, and long-term care insurance are offered through Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC's licensed insurance agency affiliates.
Morgan Stanley Smith Barney LLC. Member SIPC.
- Pittsburgh Stock and Bond Club
- Greater Pittsburgh Society of Certified Financial Planning Member
- Boys and Girls Club of Western Pennsylvania
Former Chair of the Board
- United Way of Allegheny County
Alexis de Tocqueville Society member
- United Way of Allegheny County
Women's Leadership Council Member
- International Women's Forum Pittsburgh Chapter member
- Asset Management
- Estate Planning
- Wealth Management
- Endowments and Foundations
- Financial Planning
- Fixed Income
- Lending Services
- Retirement Planning
- 529 Plans
- Municipal Bonds
- Long Term Care Insurance
- Education Planning
- 401(k) Rollovers
- Insurance Services
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER
- Series 7, 63, and 65
- Series 31 - Managed Futures & Commodities, 2010
- Betty L. Lamb Recognized as a FIVE STAR: Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Manager(SM)
- 2015 Winner (2009, 2010, 2011, 2012, 2013, 2014 and 2015)
- List appeared in The Pittsburgh Magazine - July 2015
Over 33 years experience in Financial Services Industry
Morgan Stanley* - 06/2009- present
First Vice President
Investment Management Consultant
Citigroup Smith Barney - 02/2006-06/2009
First Vice President - Wealth Management
Legg Mason Wood Walker Inc. - 11/1987-02/2006
First Vice President- Wealth Management
Legg Mason Masten, Inc. - 05/1981-11/1987
See July On the Markets from the Global Investment Committee featuring
• "Ring-Fenced" Michael Wilson, chief investment officer of Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, says the Greek debt crisis was not unexpected and, in fact, has been “ring-fenced” by global financial institutions. While there may be market volatility, he does not expect fiscal contagion that could derail the global recovery.
• "US Fiscal Policy Could Boost Growth" Tax revenues are rising much faster than spending and, given low interest rates, the US debt-to-GDP ratio is shrinking, too. Lisa Shalett, head of investment and portfolio strategies at Morgan Stanley Wealth Management, writes that these developments mean fiscal policy can be more stimulative for the economy just as monetary policy becomes less so.
• "Higher-Dividend Stocks for a Higher-Yield Environment" A long period of ultralow interest rates has created distortions among high-yielding stocks, making traditional dividend plays less attractive, writes Adam S. Parker, chief US equity strategist for Morgan Stanley & Co. Parker identifies the sectors in which the most compelling dividend opportunities may be found.
Plus, look for more on equities and bonds, and a question-and-answer session with a veteran manager of Japanese stocks.
We are pleased to announce that Betty L. Lamb, CFP, Senior Vice President, Financial Advisor, was recognized as a four year winner of the FIVE STAR: “Best in Client Satisfaction Wealth Managers,” in the July 2015 edition of the Pittsburgh Magazine. Please see “In the Press” for details, methodology, and criteria.”
Securities Agent: AK, AL, CA, CO, CT, FL, IL, IN, LA, MA, MD, MI, MO, MS, NC, NJ, NV, NY, OH, OK, PA, SC, TN, TX, VA, WV; General Securities Representative; Investment Advisor Representative; Transactional Futures/Commodities; Managed Futures